Wednesday

Basil Chicken

Since I had some basil leftover, I was thinking what can I make with basil besides the usual basil pesto or tomato, mozarella, and basil stacks. I had some chicken breast so I decided to make basil chicken. As I was searching the internet to find recipes to base my basil chicken on, I noticed some use ground chicken others used sliced chicken. I liked the sliced chicken. It also uses the thai fish sauce but that is a strong taste not many people like so I omited it and used oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and some chicken broth. You are to use thai chiles but since my family does not eat spicy I also omited it. The final dish came out very well. Good basil aroma, nice thick sauce, and tender chicken.

Ingredients: chicken, basil, garlic, onions

Basil Chicken

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped basil
4-5 whole basil leaves
1 medium onion, sliced thin
4 tablespoons chicken broth
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon sugar

Directions:
1. Keep chicken a little frozen so it is easier to cut. Cut chicken into thin slices. Marinate chicken with some water and cornstarch.

2. Heat wok on medium high heat. When hot add oil. Add chopped garlic and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant but not brown. Add the onions and cook until they are brown, about 4-5 minutes.

3. Add chicken and cook until outside of chicken is just done, about 5-7 minutes. stir all ingredients together. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. stir well together. Last add the chicken broth to create a thick sauce.

4. Add the chopped basil and stir together until fragrant, about another 1-2 minutes. Add the whole leaves and just cook until they are wilted. Place on serving platter and serve.

If you would like to have a party catered or want to know about cooking classes contact me at fancindy888@gmail.com

No comments: