Thursday

Connections for catering and event information

I joined this group called NYEP, New York Event Planners a few months ago. It is a forum where event planners and caterers can post questions, ask for volunteers/service to help out in events, ask anything dealing with event planning or catering. I do say if you are either in the event planning or catering business or try to start (like me), this is one of the best ways to get information. All you do is post a message and it will go to everyone who is a member. Then if someone can help you they will respond to your question. This is a great way to learn, find venues, find volunteers, anything dealing with catering. I asked about how much chicken I should serve for a buffet dinner I was catering for and so many people came back and gave me answers. It was so helpful. This way i did not over or under buy the amount of chicken needed.
NYEP also holds events in various venues in the city so event planners and caterers can meet each other and network. I have noticed that event though you might be competing with these other caterers, the circle of caterers in NY are always willing to be helpful and give you information and also might provide servers to contact if you need. So, sign up if you haven't and start learning about the vast information of event and catering that is out there.

No comments: